Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #348
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No, I'm 99% sure he said they were keeping the system. I'm sure they tweaked some things, especially in overall game plan, but if anything, that was McCoy. I'm not sure how it could be branded a "Fox system" though.

If anything he might of imparted an overall philosophy on gameplan/playcalling. But he didn't bring in anything resembling his own offensive system, if such a thing exists. If he was using his own system in Carolina, he might want to blame that on someone else.

And IMHO Orton looked pretty equally terrible in his last few McDaniels game as he did in his first few McCoy games.
If you got a link, I'd love to see it. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just don't recall that at all. I do remember something about Brandon Lloyd being upset because he knew he wouldn't be getting the ball as much. The Orton numbers speak for themselves.

Edit:

I found this a rather interesting statement by Fox during the Orton/Tebow time: http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1...orton-john-fox

Please note the comments by Fox in the above link: The hard part of the National Football League is that it's hard to master one offense, and when you spend too much (time) trying to master another one, there is not enough time that goes around, particularly with a new staff, a new offense, a new defense, really a new special teams coach as far as coordinators.

aaaaannnd here's the kill shot: With the Lockout, there was no way for the Broncos or Tebow to work on the offense. Remember, don't confuse Mike McCoy's return as offensive coordinator with the concept that the Broncos are running the same offense. They aren't. McCoy was running Josh McDaniels' playbook last year, and this year it's a McCoy/Panthers/Fox playbook. It's a new offense that Tebow did not have the opportunity to work on because of the work stoppage.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 01-24-2013 at 05:28 PM..