Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #92
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I hardly believe that. I think Lance is definitely a winner - the guy has the heart of a champion, and the ego of one too. But cycling is a team sport as much as football is. Lance was the "quarterback," but he's ridden with others who could have pulled the same or similar feats if they had the chutzpah to go for it. Lance got where he got because he was willing to walk over a lot of people to do it.
FWIW, I remember one leg in the Tour De France where one of Armstrong's biggest critics went on a breakaway after Armstrong had already won the overall title. Armstrong broke away from the team, chased him down and won the leg just to prove .... something. That may have been his undoing. That ONE guy that was clean tried to win a leg of the Tour de France, but Armstrong wouldn't let him do it.

I believe the next year that Spaniard they called Big Mig was the TDF winner, also disqualified along with the other top three. The next year, same thing. The whole cycling thing is a mess, and it's a shame to see. Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 01-24-2013 at 04:45 PM..
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote