Old 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #108
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I had forgot about the non exclusive tag, that saves money or a roster spot and loads of cap money if he gets a better deal..

frankly I do not see him as the elite OLT that a few seem to think he is..

It will be interesting to see how the FO thinks on this..

I could be wrong as Hell on this and he just may be the second coming of Zimmerman.

But then if they do give him the keys to Pats House what do they use to sign the other players with..

for every guy they cut they have to replace them with a body and they are not free like so many here think..

unlike you I believe IF THEY ARE USED properly draft choices are more important than some players are..

for the most part if used proroperly they can indeed replace players fast.

one spot in particular is LB they can start immediately, may get beat from time to time, but if you have the right guy they should be a starter..

if the choice is correct the same should work for safety also.. has not worked for us lately but otehr teams seem to get it right..

I also believe that OL guys can step in and start day one.. again some growing pains as we saw with Walton, Beadles, Franklin and less so with Clady but we have proven the myth wrong about that..

Again unlike you I believe we are still rebuilding from the Mikey and Josh regimes.. John had brought in loads of one year contract guys, to fill the void while our kiddies earned their spurs..

OK I will play some more.

Lets say we let Clady walk and decide to draft a brand spanking new kid to start at LT day one.

Lets move from looking at the CAP to the draft.

We draft at what #26 in each round right?

Clady was drafted 12th overall, Brandon Albert, drafted 15th overall, Joe Thomas 3rd over all, etc...

Who is going to be there for us in the late 20's to pick then start and play at a level equal or better to Clady?

In your world do the Broncos move up 10 spots to get a Tackle they like? How many picks does that move cost us?
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote