View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #105
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
$9.6 Million would be the franchise tag amount. I had thought the 7.7 for DJ is subtracted from the cap with only the 1.7 bonus counting against the cap, meaning a $6 million cap savings to cut him. And Mays is closer to $4.. This is two less signed players, with about $10 million added to the cap, so if you draft a LB $400-$700k and the $9.6 tag for Clady.. This is essentially an even cap swap to at least keep Clady on the team and get a LB from the draft. Even roster and cap exchange essentially.

If you draft a LT, you may be saving loads of cap, but your using a first round draft pick, on not the same instant quality of a player. Lane Johnson is who your looking at come 28, he's not going to be as good as Clady year one. Or do you think so? Who's the free agent LT or draftee you would like? If you let Clady walk and you draft a LT instead of a MLB, other than saving money, how does that make the team better? You have no well thought out contingency plan but you are talking **** that we are dreaming for suggesting resigning him. In my Offseason Plan 1.0 on the draft forum, my only notable FA pick up was a cheap signing of Collie. And that's day dreaming!! Your something special.
First of all I'm not angry about winning or losing a debate.. just want you to justify the numbers you put out..

thanks for coming back with this..

Yes I had someone else point out it would be tag money and not contract money

I'm not all that sure that a drafted OLT can not be just as good as clady is at this time..

his run blocking has always been less than great and lately since his knee issue the speed rushers have given him trouble while not officially giving up but one sack there have been hurries or forcing Manning up into he pocket..

You can go back and check my records/post about always wanting to up grade the OL and DL..

IMO that has been a weak spot for decades..

no need to be hostile just because all I have ever asked is how are you going to pay for some of the dream you and others have had..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote