View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #95
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
there are bonuses besides signing bonuses - there are roster bonuses which can be earned simply by making the team, and there are performance bonuses...i.e. make the pro-bowl, earn $x. Record X number of sacks, earn X. These are typically broken down into "likely to be earned" and "unlikely to be earned". IIRD, only "likely to be earned" and roster bonuses count towards the cap. This may have changed since the last CBA though.

If you saw $1.7, they are lumping his $1.4M misc. bonus with the remainder of his signing bonus: $250k. without seeing the contract, it's hard to tell if that's appropriate.

Beyond that, I remember hearing that DJ's contract was re-worked last season, but details weren't given. So, this discussion could be moot.

Bottom line - let Elway's team worry about Bowlens budget. Only they know what the real numbers are and the Broncos cap situation. sportrac and all of the media guys - they are really guessing, just like everyone else.
his contract rework was for 12 only that much I remember seeing that it supposedly did not touch any of his 2013 portion of the contract..

as far as letting John do the math.. I have always said if he can do it more power to him..

I love what he has done so far and fault him ONLY for signing Mayes out of all his moves that is pretty good bating average so far..

I post these things to slow down all the kiddies on here that have orgasms over every player that might or actually does hit Free Agency..

95% of them have never done a budget and spend every dime they have every pay day.. and do not have a clue on what it takes to run a business..

I'm not trying to be mean, merely pointing out that decisions have to be made and 98% of those decision are based on money not skill level..

while I'm sure that John would love to have a roster full of pro bowlers that hard facts are NO TEAM can afford to do so..

Most one here believe that because they have won on madden or as a FF owner that you have to have noting but all stars to win..

yet the good teams have some good players working as a TEAM to win lots of games..

the Pro Bowl players are in most cases voted on because of name recognition and not because they are studs..

way to many of the posters here get their panties in a wad if you tell them the truth that their ideas are unrealistic..

as you can clearly see in this thread..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote