Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #88
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
What is the other 1.4+ mil for listed on their site any ideas.

I read ON a pretty respect site at one time that we were on the hook for that 1.7 cap wise and when I saw it on their site I added to two together.

If yoi are correct with the 250k then yes we do indeed save 5.75 mil. By cutting him.

Nice to know that at least a few posters have a clue and do not get their panties In a wad when either called on something or asked to explain wher they got their numbers or info from.

thanks for the info
there are bonuses besides signing bonuses - there are roster bonuses which can be earned simply by making the team, and there are performance bonuses...i.e. make the pro-bowl, earn $x. Record X number of sacks, earn X. These are typically broken down into "likely to be earned" and "unlikely to be earned". IIRD, only "likely to be earned" and roster bonuses count towards the cap. This may have changed since the last CBA though.

If you saw $1.7, they are lumping his $1.4M misc. bonus with the remainder of his signing bonus: $250k. without seeing the contract, it's hard to tell if that's appropriate.

Beyond that, I remember hearing that DJ's contract was re-worked last season, but details weren't given. So, this discussion could be moot.

Bottom line - let Elway's team worry about Bowlens budget. Only they know what the real numbers are and the Broncos cap situation. sportrac and all of the media guys - they are really guessing, just like everyone else.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote