Thread: Obama Sworn In
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #214
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Beavis, you're being intellectually dishonest, as usual. It's already been acknowledged that Biden will put his foot in his mouth from time to time. But there is a clear difference between misspeaking and flat out ignorance. Sarah Palin did not know basic things that you learn in a civics class (she thought Africa was a country FFS), and could not handle softball questions from Katie Couric (i.e. name a Supreme Court case you disagree with, name one newspaper you read, etc). That wasn't just the opinion of liberal Democrats...many, MANY Republicans felt the same way and were embarassed over her nomination and said so publicly. To pretend that they are two sides of the same coin is ludicrous.
Well if this thread proves anything, one man's innate racism is another man's "foot in the mouth from time to time." Read back. Why were you guys so hard on one questionable sentence posted in this thread, yet pooh pooh numerous examples of the same thing (only worse) from one of your guys as "Lovable ol' Uncle Joe puttin' his foot in his mouth again"

That's pretty textbook "Intellectually dishonest"

Anyway, I'm glad you mentioned Couric, since it reminded me of this.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...n_history.html

Quote:
He was speaking about the role of the White House in a financial crisis.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

As Reason's Jesse Walker footnotes it: "And if you owned an experimental TV set in 1929, you would have seen him. And you would have said to yourself, 'Who is that guy? What happened to President Hoover?'"
And if I remember right, good ol' Uncle Joe prefaced this "history lesson" with a comment about how important it was to have a VP who knew what he was talking about.