View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I dispute there is anything the ATF does wth more of our money that will make us safer. They are out looking for big time gun smugglers, people not paying tax on ciggs and alcohol, and checking on felons for possessing or trying to possess firearms.
And the fact that they are so crippled in their mission (which is to enforce current gun laws) that they can only audit dealers once every 17 years on average (you know, to make sure gun dealers are complying with laws) isn't a problem?

Quote:
Really nothing in that mission is stop a person from going crazy and shooting up a school. So i dispute this issue has anything to do with the fact the NRA fights TO KEEP THE ATF FROM BEING A TOOL USED TO INFRINGE ON LAWFUL GUN OWNERS RIGHTS.
What infringing actions has the NRA prevented the ATF from engaging in?

Quote:
The mother jones article trying to connect these horrid crimes to the fact the atf didn't have a permanent director is a joke. They were off running guns to mexico not trying to keep schools safe so i don't want to hear your inane argument that because the ATF has been nuetered by the NRA we are unsafe.
Two strawmen in one paragraph. Good job.

Quote:
In fact i agree with dismantling the ATF and giving there duties to other agencies. If the NRA stopped that then i would disagree with them. Still though it would not make me anymore safe or unsafe either way.
You've made it clear now that you don't care if existing gun laws are enforced or not, and seem to have a major hard-on for getting rid of the ATF (again, the agency tasked with enforcing those laws) for some reason.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote