Thread: Clady.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #45
NickStixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The reason I deleted the thread I started on Clady is because lonestar acted like a petulant ass continuously bickering with people just for the Hell of it. Over a dozen posters on this board have shown him the # of players we have under contract or came up with scenarios where the Broncos can fiddle with their roster and cap (as they have in years past) in order to retain Clady, re-sign UFA, RFA, ERFA and our draft class -- yet he continues to troll and spew nonsense whenever he feels it is appropriate.

The bottom line is this: Lonestar never liked the Clady selecton (despite not watching college football) because he came from Boise State and he questioned the level of competition he faced. [He also called Elvis Dumervil a short midget, who wouldn't ever last in the pros.] Unfortunately, in five years with the Broncos -- Clady has started every game, made 3 Pro-Bowls and been named All-Pro twice. Obviously his worse season was in a shortended off-season due to an injury, but he came back and proved his worth this year.

To even try and suggest that the Broncos would rid themselves of one of their best players on the team just to replace him with a rookie LT is absolutely ludicrous. Furthermore, saying that LT isn't as important to our team because we have Manning is one of the most stupid football takes ever espoused on the Orange Mane.

TROLL.
Espoused! I like it!

Lonestar let me ask you this... You watched every Broncos game this past year right? I hope at least. I know I did.
Can you really with a straight face say that EVERY single pass play was a simple 3 step drop and Manning just dumped it off? I remember quite a few times where Manning had time to sit in the pocket and throw it down field.
The NFL is a passing league right now. And for a passing league, you typically like to have LT's that can protect the QB's blindside. When you have one of the best in the league at that position, you don't just let him walk.
Go ahead and ask Arizona, Philly, Chicago how much fun it is to not have that.
Clady has had one bad year, when he came back from injury. Much like Jake Long in Miami just had this last year.
He is a top 3 LT. Pay the man.
I'm going to put my faith in the FO of the Broncos to be able to figure out how to pay him and move forward with the team this next year.