Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #65
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
He beat metastatic testicular cancer that spread to his brain and lungs. Sounds awful but testiccular cancer is one of the most easily treatable malignancies. The prognosis for his disease -- especially given his functional status -- was excellent. That, and his steroid use could have contributed to the development of cancer to begin with. I admire his advocacy for cancer patients in general but the idea that he "beat" a terminal illness is patently false.
Fair enough. Even still, seems like a hard thing to battle back from to compete at the top levels. I understand that he got there through controversial methods, but just the sheer determination and will to win in a sport so physically taxing. I really struggle with this whole cycling thing - especially where the blood transfusions are concerned. As far as I understand, it's just their own blood being used to replenish their red blood cells. Seems like something that they'll never be able to "clean up" so they might as well embrace it and have team doctors administering it.

Last edited by Taco John; 01-23-2013 at 11:03 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote