Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #29
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I'm not big college fan so have to wait for the north south game to play out as well as the combine..

I have heard there are loads of great OT in this draft.. I suspect that John and John are watching these kids with a very keen eye.. no sense in spending about 12 mil each year of cladys new contract (10 per year in salary and 2 for the prorated bonus money) if you can get one for 25% of that..

since the myth of having to have an elite OLT went away with the advent of the quick passing game, that we have went to and I suspect will stay with even after Manning retires..

that means fewer IF ANY 5-7 step drop back passing plays, the thing that meant having to have a GREAT OLT..

I'd guess since we can't afford Clady after this past year, I see no way of out bidding lots of the bottom feeding team for him.. John made a play last year to get him cheaper but he wanted to go for the gusto..
That's not a myth. And Denver can afford Clady. They offered him a deal on the low end after a sub par year. He took a gamble and said no, and then played his ass off and is now recognized as one of the best in the game.

What a stupid thread.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote