View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #41
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
Not that I thought the OP would arrive in Jordan and start bad mouthing the regime, just wanted to point out that while it is a liberal, western thinking government, there is heavy censorship.

As for Istanbul, it's a 3 city trip across the ancient Roman empire (4 days Rome, 3 days Athens, 3 days Istanbul). I really like history and architecture, so I will probably just stay in the cities. I'm told all three cities are best to visit in April/May.

I only mentioned it because a few years ago I wouldn't have thought about visiting a predominitely Muslim country on vacation, but the trip to Palestine and Egypt really changed my perspective.
Hey, it's all good! Yes, if there is a King in a country. Don't ever talk negative about him in public. Good rule of thumb for any traveller out there.

How are you getting from city to city? Do you have a set time because I'm looking at your dates for each city. I would recommend fitting Florence in there if you can(high speed train both ways). Also, what about the Greek Isles? Check out this island if you can fit it in.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote