Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #59
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You want some pressure? You want to put the QB on the ground?

Cover the open ****ing man for 3+ seconds. Playoff QBs will find the open man... there's your disparity.

In the 6 games played against teams with winning records, Denver sacked the QB 2.5x per game (5 of which coming against one opponent, drastically raising the ave).

In the other games, 3.8x per game.

Hmmm... what could possibly be causing this disparity...

Btw, also against winning teams: 13TDs to 3INTs by opposing QBs. Over 60% completion and roughly 80 ypg to TEs.

Get this "OMG WE OBVI NEED A PASSRUSHER!" bull**** out of here/
IDK I think it is a chicken or egg type conundrum, I think it was pressure that got in Manning's and Brady's head. Ravens covered well in both games and the inital coverage allowed the pressure to get hits on them or lead to sacks.

I think expecting more than 3 seconds of coverage is a bit much, after that you need guys who can impact the pocket and force the QB out of his rhythm and get hits and or sacks.

With our DT's now FA's no reason we can't upgrade most of them, go hard after Melton as our big FA. Then draft a presence at MLB who can cover and rush.

As long as we upgrade either a DT or MLB I will be happy. We have lived this long without above avg DT's, why stop now? Hell I would be happy if we passed on Melton (hoping Wolfe turns in to him down the road) and got a hulking wide body later in the draft who can command 2 blockers and free up Wolfe/Miller/Doom to rush. I just don't want more of the same.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote