View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #179
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I have never seen a Mike Babcock team play this stupid, undisciplined and lazy. I understand that the passing game is not going to as crisp as it was, when you replace Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart with Carlo Coliacovo and Kyle Quincey, you lose almost a year of hockey and you add in several guys who have never played with the team before, there will be some rust. But I have never seen players at this level make so many stupid plays, 4 Red Wings carry the puck out the zone, all skating on a straight line across the ice, nobody curls back and gives a passing outlet, nobody drops to the far boards, they just happily keeps skating in straight lines so one opponent can block all passing lanes.

This Red Wings team is taking so many stupid penalties because of lazy play and poor positioning.
I feel like they will have a down year this year and really struggle. Only so much Babcock can do IMO.

They will go as far as Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Kronwall take them. Franzen is always hurt and the other guys are complimentary type guys.

I'm just not sure 40 and 13 have the energy to carry the team. Two guys that are so good and very competitive but I just see Detroit struggling this year.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote