View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #2211
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Hearing the basketball team is going to get hit a lot harder than football....which is fine by me.

Also hearing former football assistants Clint Hurtt and Aubrey Hill are staring down the barrel of long show cause penalty. Former basketball HC Frank Haith also likely to receive a show cause as are two of his former assistants.
That's definitely been in the works for some time. Hopefully contingencies have been made so it's not a huge impact.

I'll admit I don't really understand the impact of recruiters anyways so...

The thing that really sucks about NCAA stuff like this, though, is that the teams committing the violations are always long gone before the punishments come down. They can punish school legacies and fanbases but they can't actually punish teams and players - the ones doing the wrong. When successful players might only be there for 2-3 years though, there's just no good solution. Then when you hear the number of schools facing some sort of violations or accusations at any given time, it really makes you think the NCAA enforcement is just in over their head.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote