Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Both Winners of yesterdays games shut out the home team in the second half. Yes, that is right, the visiting teams shut out the HOME teams in the second half yesterday.

I was very happy with what happened defensively this year, but absolutely not happy with the defensive performance in the playoff game. I have rewatched the game several times and the defense played almost as bad as the infamous 2006 AFCCG implosion after playing fantastic for most of the year.

This concerns me, because our personnel was beaten 1 on 1 way too often against BAL. The Scheme, halftime adjustments, and playcalling were great all year but were terrible in the playoff game. I really believe this is why Ron Milus was let go, but lets hope the new guy gets the message.

I really want to see a better gameplan and adjustments on Defense in the playoffs next year. DEN got abused against an AVERAGE BAL offense. They gave up 5 explosive plays in that game when they gave up only 5 the second half of the season. They were situationally poorly prepared and executed like a team that was wildly inconsistent, not a top 5 defense.

I like DEN's chances next year, I really do. However, that kind of coaching performance can not be repeated.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. If the defense that had played during the season had played in that game, and Fox hadn't lost his mind with 30 left, guess where we'd be today. You have to have a dominant defense that executes well. A dominant defense will allow your offense to do whatever and look good doing it.

And thank you to spdirty for mentioning the safeties. This has nothing to do with Moore, well maybe some. Successful team have stand out safeties. Hell you can even go back to SB XXXII. An INT catch and Atwater was probably MVP.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote