Thread: Pro Bowl FA's
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I dont think slot wr really a big need. RB way more of a need. Hillman will be a nice player I think but not enough to stop the flood gates on new runners. Not with Moreno always letting us down with an injury, Ball avg and Mcgahee old.

Also this draft has a ton of interior oline talent and dline talent from what i have read. I would target whichever Alabama lineman falls to us, if one does. Those guys are ready to play in the NFL watching them dismantle ND. The center Warmack goes higher in mocks but a lot of times centers will drop. Not because they aren't studs just because teams will be stupid and take positions they see as more important.

Jonanthon cooper is another interesting player. My friend is a huge NC fan. He goes to almost every game since he moved out there. He tells me this kid can play all 3 spots inside on the oline and dominated all the players he faced. No granted those might not be NFL players but he is a first rounder in most mock drafts so he probably is talented.

A guy like him could be of real value with our questions inside on the oline. No one really thought they blocked well in short yardage running situations did you? Then when Kuper went down the pass protection got worst also. I just think we can't afford to count on Koppen/Beadles/Walton. Kuper a good player but after him the depth just plummets.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote