View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #172
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
So just days before the lockout, the wild spend almost 200mil on 2 players, then cry broke, now just days after the lockout, zajac and lupul both get contracts over 5 mil per year, good god, 8 years until the next lockout. Dont get me wrong, they are both nice players, and maybe with a 70 mil cap they may almost be worth 5 mil.

I had an arguement with scott hartnell ( or the person that reps him on facebook) about why a 60 point player should not get 4.5 mil a year, well thanks to these 2 signings i just lost argument, i mean lupuls got 60 points once, zajac has done it twice and they get a mil more than an overpaid hartnell.

That being said, the good news is the flyers have yet to give up a 5 on 5 goal, the bad news is they have given up 5 power play, 2 empty net, and 1 4 on 4 goals.
The owners always bargain from a position of strength when they do the CBA, but when it comes to bargaining with individual players the owners lose every time. 5+ million for Lupul and Zajac is outrageous, contracts like the Wade Redden, Jeff Finger, Mike Cammalleri, Jiri Hudler, Dennis Wideman are just bad jokes.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote