View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #172
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
So just days before the lockout, the wild spend almost 200mil on 2 players, then cry broke, now just days after the lockout, zajac and lupul both get contracts over 5 mil per year, good god, 8 years until the next lockout. Dont get me wrong, they are both nice players, and maybe with a 70 mil cap they may almost be worth 5 mil.

I had an arguement with scott hartnell ( or the person that reps him on facebook) about why a 60 point player should not get 4.5 mil a year, well thanks to these 2 signings i just lost argument, i mean lupuls got 60 points once, zajac has done it twice and they get a mil more than an overpaid hartnell.

That being said, the good news is the flyers have yet to give up a 5 on 5 goal, the bad news is they have given up 5 power play, 2 empty net, and 1 4 on 4 goals.
The owners always bargain from a position of strength when they do the CBA, but when it comes to bargaining with individual players the owners lose every time. 5+ million for Lupul and Zajac is outrageous, contracts like the Wade Redden, Jeff Finger, Mike Cammalleri, Jiri Hudler, Dennis Wideman are just bad jokes.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote