View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
I dont get flu shots, started out that i just dont go seek medical attention so didnt get one, but then i noticed that the people who got the shots, seemed to spend the most time off sick, i swear flu shot people are worse than ex smokers, or cyclists, with the holier than tho attitude.

My neighbour is the worst one, both him and his wife gave me **** for not getting the shot the week they got theirs, 2 weeks later when i next saw him, after his bought with pneumonia i asked how that flu shot was working for him, he said its the 3rd time in the last 4 years hes gotten sick within 2 weeks of getting his shot.

Yup ill be rushing to get my shot, i dont care if it works great for 99% of the people that get it, of the people iknow that get it, 75% have gotten the flu that season.
* You can't get the flu from a flu shot.
* On average, a flu shot is only 60% effective, due primarily to the fact that there are hundreds or more strains of the flu (and more evolving all the time)
* Pretty much any illness that causes flu like systems people call "the flu", whether or not they are actually suffering from an infect of the influenza virus.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote