Originally Posted by pricejj
1. They aren't going to resign Porter...he was supposed to at least play Nickel
2. Champ is 35 years old, and got torched in the playoffs.
3. At least Chris Harris is playing well, but doesn't have enough speed to keep up with deep threats.
4. Tony Carter isn't good. I wouldn't resign him. Bad effort leads to a lot of breakdowns.
5. Omar Bolden isn't good, and isn't very fast.
Why did the Broncos lose in the playoffs, because the DB's couldn't cover down the field, or because the NT couldn't stop the run? The Broncos need a premier DB.
Another huge overeaction to one game.
Bailey/Harris/Carter were one of the best 3 combo of CB's in the NFL last year and aside from Carter's game against Alexander all 3 had superb regular seasons. Champ played at an all-pro level and played 17 games in single coverage with no safety help whatsoever. Sure he had a bad game against the Ravens but in truth who the hell didn't have a bad game
The Broncos have 4 corners currently on the roster who will all be back next year and whilst it will be a need in terms of replacing Bailey long-term, it will be nowhere near the dire need you think it is as compared to MLB, DT or SS.