Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
How can anyone say this, especially after what she said before? Dumb. The game went into over time. Denver yielded 2 massive plays that swung the game and were both a result of bad calls. 1. They obviously missed that PI call against Decker. 2. They flubbed the call against Carter on the play before Champ got used the first time.

Yes, Denver got some calls but none of them resulted in points the same way they did for Baltimore. And this was a game that went to double OT mind you. It's laughable to try to make the claim that a disparity in bad calls didn't make a difference.

Having said that, I don't want to complain about this for the rest of my life. Because, quite simply, no one cares. It's over. What's done is done. But if Im going to be honest about it, yeah, there were some really bad calls that didn't come close to evening out. And, oh yeah, Pereira is a suck as cheesdick that has no business being on TV.
If our team had played well... at the level they needed to play in the playoffs... then the bad calls wouldn't have mattered, would they? Bad calls wouldn't have mattered if Prater had made a "clean" kick instead of taking an 18-inch divot out of the field... and that's just one example of something our guys could have done differently to change things. Another? If a young safety had not allowed the receiver to get past him... with no one left between the WR and the end zone... we wouldn't be talking about officiating.

That said... Pereira is doing damage control and trying to sweep the poor officiating under the rug and move on, minimizing just how much the bad calls did affect the game.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote