Originally Posted by pricejj
1. They aren't going to resign Porter...he was supposed to at least play Nickel
2. Champ is 35 years old, and got torched in the playoffs.
3. At least Chris Harris is playing well, but doesn't have enough speed to keep up with deep threats.
4. Tony Carter isn't good. I wouldn't resign him. Bad effort leads to a lot of breakdowns.
5. Omar Bolden isn't good, and isn't very fast.
Why did the Broncos lose in the playoffs, because the DB's couldn't cover down the field, or because the NT couldn't stop the run? The Broncos need a premier DB.
Champ had a bad game. It was his only one this season. It happens to everyone. Chris Harris is an up and coming star, and he does have enough speed to cover the deep threats. He's a 4.48 guy in shorts, and plenty fast on the field.
Omar Bolden was a rookie. I'll give him at least 2 years before I write him off as not being good. Could we use an upgrade at the nickel corner? Yes, but what team doesn't? We're in better shape at CB than most of the teams in the NFL.
The Broncos lost in the playoffs because they were dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Manning took more hits than Flacco, and had a lot less time to throw throughout the game.