View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I like it too, MUG.
I wasnt to big on Williams right away, and i dont think they will take a DT high, but its a sensible pick, and fills a problem area.
Its just his technique and overall knowledge of the DT spot as an NFL player that i would be a bit worried about, but great attempt at filling a need.
I like the Gillislee pick, and i have mentioned him numerous times as a player that fits well in the DEN offense but is missed by many. He really was a workhorse player for FLA this year. Mug is more than likely right, he will be there in the 3rd, and Bailey will be long gone by the end of the 2nd round. Theres a number of these speedy, quick, smallish WR's in this draft, and teams are gonna use their 2nd to take a luxury/impact player.
Speed kills in the NFL and teams know it.
The 4th round and 6th round picks are the best picks of your mock!!!
Love the Denard Robinson pick, however he sorta cancels out the Bailey pick in a way. Plus Holliday is pretty darn good at KR/PR. Just saying. Bailey is good, but i am not so sure Decker would move inside to the slot, but that Bailey would actually go there.
James Wilson i totally missed so far. Great pick, and a big mauler with a lot of upside. I had the Center for FLA in one of my mocks, but nice find!!

Overall, an intruiging mock with some real suprises!
Good job!
Thanks Socal. DE wasn't a real big need last season when we took Wolfe with our first pick either. I think that Elway will upgrade any position that he can with the BPA.
Denard isn't a replacement for Trindon Holliday. He's simply there to add a game breaker to the offense. Other than DT we really don't have anyone that can take it to the house on any given play.
I may be wrong, but I see Gillislee climbing during the offseason much the way Doug Martin did last season. He's solid pass blocker, good hands, good inside/out runner, and he will probably run in the 4.40-4.49 range at the combine.
I appreciate the input.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote