View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think it's an excellent move by Laurie, who is one of the better owners in the NFL IMHO. This is what I think is happening: Laurie sees teams like Washington and Seattle being very successful with QBs who are somewhat unconventional. The Eagles have Vick, a QB who has proven he can pass the ball (I still say he has the best arm in the NFL). Laurie sees an opportunity to capitalize on Vick's potential and he sees Kelly as the coach to do this. JMHO of course.
I don't know. Vick has proven over and over again to be a bad decision maker, a turnover machine, and injury prone. I suppose it's possible, but I almost think it's more likely they either adjust Kelly's system for Nick Foles or try to bring in somebody else at QB. If they keep Vick they have to pay him $15.5 million in 2013! Contract details below:

Quote:
8/29/2011: Signed a six-year, $100 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including a $7 million signing bonus and all of Vick's first- and second-year base salaries and $3 million of his 2013 salary (for injury only). The sixth year voids if Vick participates in 35% of the Eagles' offensive snaps in any of the first five seasons, making the contract more realistically worth $80 million over five years. Another $3 million is available through incentives based on Super Bowl wins in 2011 and 2012, and playing time (77.5% of the regular season snaps). 2013: $15.5 million, 2014: $12.5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2015: $14.5 million (+ $2 million roster bonus), 2016: $20 million (Dummy Year), 2017: Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote