Thread: Eddie Lacy
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #24
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Lol well I guess in Bama when you have Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, and Julio Jones as an underclassmen it's more difficult to get some numbers. And when you have the WR's Bama has, I would guess they don't pass to RB's much except for check down routes.
I don't understand what you mean by Lacy not being molded for Denvers offense... Are you saying we couldn't use a powerful RB with some quick cuts and speed?? Cause if so, I'm not sure what we DO need then? Another small Hillman type back? I just don't get it.
Kinda lends to what i am trying to politely say.
So Ingram, Richardson have had incredible success in Bama behind that same line.
Gee, i wonder if Taylor or Gillisee or Franklin or any number of college RBs would have the same success too.
I would bet yeah.
But some of these college RBs have a proven 2-3 year skill set that Lacy doesnt have that just so happens to be tailored to DEN offense.
Yeah, i am sure Lacy could learn it, but hes no better a pure RB or has he even proven to be with just one year of running behind a mammoth Natl Champ line to justify taking him so high, and when theres others that are just as good, if not possibly better.
Lacy could be just as good as Taylor. Maybe.
But that doesnt mean take him in the 1st round. Thats crazy.
How is Ingram doing? Injured all the time and a bag of mixed, not too impressive results, condering he was a 1st rounder.
Richardson? Again, injured alot, and a bag of mixed results. 1st rounder.
CLE sure could of used a sure fire player there.
Hows Ryan Mathews doin in SD? (fart noise)
How bout Alfred Morris in WASH? Huh. 6th round pick a billion yards, and up for OROY
How bout that guy in HOU? Arian foster? 6th round pick, up for MVP..again.
Terrell Davis 6th round
Frank Gore 3rd round
Michael Turner 5th round
Ray rice 2nd round
Matt Forte 2nd round

Just sayin dude.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote