Thread: Eddie Lacy
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #21
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Yeah... I agree. But he will also have an NFL caliber O-line in front of him in Denver if it were to happen. I understand that those 3 guys you mentioned are probably all first round picks. I just think that Lacy posseses all the attributes you want in a RB. Imagine having him and Hillman in the future... our own Smash and Dash, Thunder and Lightning. And the thing is that Lacy isn't slow either!
If we had Lacy, then I think we could finally use Hillman like we should be, and that is in the Darren Sproles type role. Quick pitches, screen passes etc...
Hey i think Lacy could be a really good Rb in the NFL.
Not knocking him at all.
However DEN in the offense it runs, just doesnt need a Lacy type of runner.
DEN needs a runner exactly like Slowshon, but with out the injuires and lack of speed/vision.
Stephan Taylor STAN is the exact perfect RB for the DEN offense.
A talented inside/outside RB, but he is also an excellent pass catching RB, and is excellent at blocking. That is what DEN needs.
Taylor has some very good O-linemen in front of him as well, but its his play recognition and pass blocking along with his $$$$ hands, catching the football out of the backfield, that puts him into a pefect fit with DEN.
Again, i like Lacy, but he is missing the specific skill-set that DEN is looking for in a RB i think. Just my 2 cents man.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote