View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #52
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
I would love to see us move our receivers around much more. Decker in the slot, and even DT learning the slot position seems like it could be deadly.

I would also love to see us use more bunch formations, as it is a way to confuse defenses with a simple formation change.

I would also love to see a more inventive running scheme. More of a mix between draw plays, stretch plays, toss plays, and (Gasp) maybe even some counter plays.

Of course we need a more explosive RB with some power, but that's for a different thread.
I saw the highlights of the SF - GB playoff game. The 49ers destroyed a very good Green Bay team -- in awesome fashion.

How did they do it?

The rookie QB Kaepernick is how. This kid can throw like Manning -- but he can also run the football himself -- like a stud half-back.

He has incredible speed -- he ran for two TDs.

A QB who can pass AND run himself changes the game completely. We saw this also with Griffin III until he was hurt.

I can't help but wonder if the days of the pocket passer (i.e. P Manning) are over. Enter the era of the full bore all out offense -- that forces the other team to defend the entire field.

Denver had no chance to beat a team like SF.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote