Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #220
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
That was not a designed playcall, the protection broke down immediately and Manning panicked. It was 2cd and 6 for goodness sake as well, he should have thrown that ball away. He knows better.

However, if they ran that play (Sprint right option) on that third down its a low risk high reward way to play it with aggression versus passivity. There could also have been an incomplete there, but if the TE is open that's a real good risk I would take all day, every day.

Plus, that is not a standard DEN play and BAL would not have reacted well to that playcall. I gaurantee they would have had a shot at making the first down and maybe more.

I think that would have been a very good idea at the time. I agree the last play for us, wasn't a designed roll out. For whatever reason PM seemed to drift in the direction of the oncoming pass rusher this game. I think when he threw this terrible pick, he felt like he had to make something happen, which he did. I would have liked to have seen that ambition to win on the 3rd and 7by the play caller, so we wouldnt have to talk about Moore screwing the pooch.
cabronco is online now   Reply With Quote