View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Quick, name three big plays.

Bailey got both pro-bowl and all-pro honors on name recognition. Love him to death, but it's two deep safety time with him.
I hear ya, but I guess my point is that he did a pretty good job limiting his man all year. On the whole he played very well this year, and per PFF put up his worst performance of the year in this game vs. his best game of the year against Baltimore in the regular season game.

Quote:
On the evidence of a full season of play, Bailey had gone one-on-one with the best receiver of nearly every team Denver had faced. And, until Saturday it had worked every time. Bailey had a superb season. We voted him our 2nd Team All-Pro corner (an honor that was replicated in the AP All-Pro team released on Saturday) because he stood out on tape and this was reflected in the numbers too.

In terms of giving up first downs/touchdowns per coverage snap he was ranked fourth overall among corners, and of those above him, no one was given the same coverage responsibilities he had. On balls that traveled over 20 yards in the air he allowed only three to be completed all year, with none of these going for touchdowns. Covering the likes of Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, A.J. Green, Roddy White and Brandon Lloyd, Bailey gave up only 17 completions of more than 10 yards and a single touchdown all year.
(bolding mine) http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...index.html#all
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote