View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #161
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Btw, I didn't like the decision to run it at the time, but I guess the difference is, I completely understand it. I also disagree with you that in itself was the very play that bit us in the butt. No, they tied the game because our secondary failed us ( or specifically Moore, if you prefer) in a situation that the Ravens had less than a 5% chance of winning the game.

Honestly, that defensive breakdown is what chars my butt, and probably will throughout the offseason.
If our defense was having a great game then running the ball on that down might have been ok at the time, but the defense was getting torched. Bailey failed us more than Moore did. My overall view is that John Fox's conservativness in the game is what bit us in the ass. You have the greatest QB of all time with a chance to kill the game, and yet you don't give him a chance to end it and hand it back to your defense that has been getting owned all game? That didn't make sense to me. Honestly, I wish if Fox had some balls in him like Shanahan ... as gutsy as he was, he would always want to end the game with his offense when he had a chance.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote