View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
1. That crew? Never worked a game together before. It was a patchwork crew of refs from all different crews who had not worked together. That's a problem. Just how does this crew get a divisional playoff game?

2. That head ref? The 'star of the show'? He was out of football for 6 years before this season. That's why you've never heard of him. Oh, he also head-reffed the game with the most flags thrown in the NFL this season. How does he get the nod for a divisional playoff game? How?

The problem for me isn't that there were bad calls. There are ALWAYS bad calls. My problem is that the bad calls in this instance, when going against Denver, led DIRECTLY to points for Baltimore. There were two touchdowns scored by the Ravens in the first quarter that would not be on the board if it were not for bad officiating. Period. There's no other way to say it.
This. I cant believe that is a good thing. I heard the term "all star refs". Refs should not be stars of ANY game, they should be as invisible as possible.

I dont know if I've been in the stadium before where the crowd booed so much at the refs, including replacement official's games. But at the end of the day, if the Broncos had played up to their potential, I dont believe the refs would have made a difference. But they did not, and the game was close enough that bad calls ultimately did make a difference IMHO.
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote