View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default For God’s Sake, Go Get a Flu Shot

"Nobody yet knows how severe this year’s epidemic of influenza will be. Nobody can ever know in advance. Yet, the evidence that this one will be bad is mounting: in New York, where twenty children have already died, Governor Cuomo has declared a public-health emergency."

"On Friday, a highly educated, very smart colleague at The New Yorker explained her decision to remain unvaccinated with these words: “I never get a flu shot, and I never get the flu.”

O.K. Let’s play her game. Turn to whomever you are with and say these sentences out loud: “I never wear seat belts, and I never get killed in car crashes”"

"Still, influenza kills as many as forty-five thousand Americans a year and the vaccine reduces deaths, illnesses, the use of antibiotics, and the number of hospital visits."

"Even if you think you are invincible, your elderly neighbors and infant children are not. People with weakened immune systems—those undergoing cancer treatments, for example—are not. Your parents and grandparents are not. The flu vaccine is not perfect, but it’s what we have."

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...-flu-shot.html

Queue The Usual Nutjob antivax Suspects....
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links