View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default The bottom line....with perspective

I am just as crushed if not more than all of you. I literally had trouble sleeping all week, I couldn't focus on anything. This team took over my life and I am just as upset as everyone else. I recognize that these opportunities where you have home field and the remaining teams left are all very beatable come along about once every 15-20 years. There is no sugar coating this loss or saying "we will be back next year." We could go 16-0 and our road to the Super Bowl won't be any easier than it was this year.

Having said all that this business of saying Manning should retire or we need to fire Fox is ridiculous. We made about 10 HUGE mistakes yesterday, the refs made 5-6 HUGE calls that were incorrect that directly led to Ravens points, the weather favored Baltimore, and even after all that all we had to do was keep them from going 77 yards in a minute with no timeouts. I think it is very immature to be yelling for Fox to be fired or for Manning to retire. If just one of those calls the refs blew (any of the 3-4 PI calls, the Boldin catch, the holding on third and 1 that we converted) is called correctly or just one of the big mistakes we made (Champ misplaying the ball on the second Smith TD, Rahim Moore, Manning Int, Prater kick) doesn't happen we probably win the game. And that is with all the other bad calls and mistakes still happening.

Baltimore needed us to play bad (we did), they needed some turnovers (they got them), they needed some lucky breaks (they got them), and they needed the refs to blow a couple calls in their favor (they did) to win. We also had our top two RB's out (McGahee and Moreno). They got EVERYTHING they needed and we still only had to knock down that ball with 40 seconds left and we win.

So please keep all of this in perspective when you are saying we need a new coach or new QB. Just about everything that could have gone wrong did and we still should have won.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links