View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I know it's not a popular opinion, but although this team was clearly very good they were a little overrated. Our best win was against these same Baltimore Ravens when they were decimated by injuries. We really didn't have any other high quality wins.
I think the talent was there but the mindset was not. The team, when it needed to, seemed capable of scoring at will. However, if they weren't in need of points, they would play like trash. That made a lot of games much closer scorewise than they appeared. In the earlier games it was a slow start then they'd get firing and score too late. In the later games, it was good point production early then coasting for a bit.

So I think the skill is there for the team to have won the SB but they'd have to overcome the mental stuff. In ATL the team was incapable of figuring out the D and got embarrassed. In NE the hurry up destroyed them and they couldn't respond. Yesterday Holiday was the only one that brought his A game in the biggest game of the season.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote