View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default Peyton/Brady/Superbowl

So having a few beers last night and had my first ever conversation with a Pats fan who wasn't a complete homer douchetard.

He said that even though he's a Pats fan he is not a Brady fan and thinks the media gives him way too much credit for the Pats' success. He sighted the difference between the Pats going 11-5 when Brady was injured and the Colts going 2-14 while Peyton was injured. He thinks that on just about any other team in the league, Brady is a mediocre (at best) QB, similar to Cassel. He thinks Peyton would completely change any team he played for.

He ranked Elway as his #1 QB of all time and thinks that Peyton is the best modern day QB by a long shot. We both agreed that a Broncos/Pats AFC Championship game is likely, and we would both prefer that over something flukey happening that leads to a loss for one of us.

One very interesting point he made, that I wasn't aware of, is that no QB in history has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. Peyton is battling history there, but if he gets the Broncos to the promised land he would go a long way towards shutting up the people who lambaste his playoff record.

I usually refrain from talking sports with people around here because they're generally too moronic and biased to have an actual discussion with, so it was pretty refreshing to find someone who could talk Pats without being a complete homer.

We disagreed about the Falcons/Seahawks game. He thinks that Ryan will choke, and I think the Falcons are going to destroy the 'Hawks. We agreed that Green Bay is the only scary team in the NFC because of Rodgers.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links