View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #780
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I like how you started lumping in 'injuries' to get to 100,000 when 'injuries' are probably 75% of that number.

You're a football guy, right? How many football related injuries do you think there are in a year? I'll give you a hint. Based on injuries alone, your gummint easily has 10x as many reasons to ban football. Well over 1 million injuries per year. In one sport.

Nope, instead something hits a headline, and we start regulating 310 million people because of rare mass killings that happen to .000026% of them. Is it your goal to get that down to .000020%? We're down near lightning-strike territory here.

At what level are you just willing to accept that bad things happen, and you can't stop them all?
I'm sure the families of the victims at Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine, etc. would sure like to have that extra .000006% back. This wasn't an accident. To compare it to people voluntarily putting themselves in harm's way (as you and many of the people on this board like to remind us when an NFL player wants to sue a league they claim is giving them disinformation) is sickening.

You're basically saying that children assume the risk of being shot when they go to school, and there's nothing we can do about it, so...go get you some learnin', Billy!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote