View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #14
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think this sorta thing is kinda why the NFL has geared itself towards pocket passers and throwing QB's more so then QB's who want to run. Not saying some of these guys that can run don't have talent passing because they do. But if you run, at this level, you're gonna take punishment. There's a difference between guys who play QB that have some wheels and escape now and then to gain positive yards. And then there are the QB's where you call run plays for them. That's not what I would be doing at the NFL level. And what the hell is Wilson doing sprinting down field several times trying to throw blocks. Sounds great and all until you get layed out one time.

I just think the more times a QB is running downfield, whether it's a designed run, a scramble or if you're like Wilson, trying to block, bad things are eventually going to happen.
Agree with everything you said. RGIII and Wilson need to realize they are great pocket passers and pick their spots.

Not sold yet on kaepernick; sometimes his passes are good and sometimes he looks like young, vick and tebow
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote