View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #260
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Doesn't it stand to reason that if Elway perceived the situation when he took over as: "the Broncos were in the worst shape ever", then surely Bowlen had to have noticed it too and concurred? As has been noted earlier in the thread, Elway was in a position to know what was really going on in discussions behind closed doors... he was "in the loop" and his words most definitely aren't an endorsement of McDaniels or an indication that he (John) believed McDaniels should have been given another season. I'm genuinely interested in seeing quotes from anyone in the Broncos' front office that could possibly be construed to suggest that there was any chance of retaining a coach who had done so much damage to the franchise in such a short time frame.

I believe Elway does, in fact know why Pat chose like he did... and Elway didn't mince any words (he's pretty much flat-out contradicting your hypothesis).
I can not provide any actual quotes as I do not live there just remember hearing on this and other forums that was the jest of it.

Does John have an inside that none of us have absolutely. I will not argue that.

Thanks for your insight.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote