View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #35
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Shanahan's not a doctor. He was cleared by one. That's all that needs to be said.
The good Dr Says he didnt clear him

"[Griffin] didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

While Andrews eventually gave Griffin the green light to play in the Redskins' wins over the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys, and Griffin is closer to optimal health for Sunday afternoon's wild-cardgame against the Seattle Seahawks, Andrews is still uncomfortale with the way Griffin's injury was handled.

"He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it," Andrews said. "He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

This isn't the first time the Redskins have run afoul of those in the know when it comes to Griffin's health. When he suffered a concussion in a Week 5 game against the Atlanta Falcons, the team was fined $20,000 by the NFL for failing to properly notify the media of the severity of the injury. Instead, the team reported that Griffin was "shaken up." The team did pull Griffin from the game after the concussion.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-06-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote