Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
While I understand your point.

Pat also has to look at the talent the Josh. Has brought in and wither believes that talent will come around soon or not. And if he brings in another HC will he start over also.

Pat has seen enough if the CLE, STL, OAK and CIN debacles to know sometimes you just have to stick with the guy you liked. Itnisnnot like he did not have the pick of the litter when he chose Josh.

IMO had it not been for the spy gate I think he would have gotten another year. At worst he would have hired a qualified GM and maybe even John to bring the fans back knowing there was a star holding the team together.

Perhaps had John said he had to go then maybe Pat/John would have pulled the plug.
No one really knows why pat choose like he did.
Doesn't it stand to reason that if Elway perceived the situation when he took over as: "the Broncos were in the worst shape ever", then surely Bowlen had to have noticed it too and concurred? As has been noted earlier in the thread, Elway was in a position to know what was really going on in discussions behind closed doors... he was "in the loop" and his words most definitely aren't an endorsement of McDaniels or an indication that he (John) believed McDaniels should have been given another season. I'm genuinely interested in seeing quotes from anyone in the Broncos' front office that could possibly be construed to suggest that there was any chance of retaining a coach who had done so much damage to the franchise in such a short time frame.

I believe Elway does, in fact know why Pat chose like he did... and Elway didn't mince any words (he's pretty much flat-out contradicting your hypothesis).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote