View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
OrangeSe7en

I actually think Peterson is the MVP and, if anything, last night makes a stronger case for him. In spite of having an awful QB stepping in without throwing a pass all season in a playoff game when the intensity is ratched up, Peterson still had 99 yards on 22 carries, which is over 4 yards per carry. And there was no guarantee the Vikings would win anyway. It's not like Ponder is great and the Vikings are a dome team playing in 20 degree weather against a superior team. The Packers are a superior team.

If the Vikings don't have Peterson, they probably win 2 games. The Broncos made the playoffs last year. Yeah they were 8-8 but Tebow went 7-4 as the starter. Manning is an obvious step up from Tebow but the incremental improvement from a 7-4 team to a 13-3 team isn't going to be as severe as it is with the Vikings without Peterson.

But as a Broncos fan, Im not going to complain if Manning gets it. I kind of expect Manning to get based on how the media views the position of QB in comparison to RB. QBs get awards by default these days. But I really think Peterson deserves it.