View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #219
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Again, I believe that... had Spygate 2 not happened... McDaniels would have been allowed to finish the 2010 season. But 2011 was far from a "given"... had McDaniels finished the '10 season, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have won the Texans game, meaning 3-13. You may believe Bowlen would have been ok with 3-4 wins; but I think he would have found it unacceptable and would have been looking for other options (Elway).

Spygate 2 was certainly the catalyst for the firing... the "final straw" so to speak. But McDaniels was already on "thinning ice" due to losing. IMHO.

Marty might not have had such a poor playoff record if he had not had the misfortune of encountering his nemesis 3 times. Just sayin'. It's still my opinion that the Chargers were stupid to fire a coach after 14-2.
And IMHO they would have been stupid to keep him. Marty just chocked in big games. As I said before I'm not sure he ever Won a playoff game. Regardless if John was on the then side.

As for Josh Pat bought into his scheme and those things that went with it.. The defense needed to be completely rebuilt with just doom, dj and champ as starters a wasn't doom hurt that year also. I might have my years mixed up but pretty sure he was.

Rumor had it it was Joes hire and Pat really liked it. Pat has always had loads of loyalty to his coaches and only because he had mikey in his back pocket did he pull the plug on Wade after two years. After all mikey waste guy he wanted instead of wade anyway.

I could be dead wrong, but Pat had never shown the propensity to can his coach..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote