Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #170
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I'm not so sure Pat seemed to buy into the rebuild and the scheme he was attempting to start up in DEN, IMO he wanted NE west, because of that he would have waited another year.

But we wound up with the best possible scenario now with John and Manning. I'll not complain about that a bit.
Pat Bowlen's first priority (like most NFL team owners) is winning games. Not winning games (going 4-12 and being one of the 2 worst teams in the league) very quickly can translate into empty seats in the stadium and even blackouts. Had McDaniels been retained for another year, we most likely would have lost the only remaining true superstar that was on our roster (Champ) as McDaniels showed little inclination to work with Champ on a contract extension.

The point is moot, however... McDaniels did bring in the guy who filmed the 9ers and he did allow the Spygate 2 scandal to happen. And he was rightly fired for it. Firing McDaniels and turning the reins over to Elway turned out to be the correct course for the Broncos to take (a fast track back to playoff contention).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote