View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #169
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Uh, no... I think if Mike Shanahan's Broncos teams had sucked thoroughly enough for us to have top-ten draft picks, he would not have been our HC for 14 years; he would have been fired. He received heavy criticism for the 6-10 (1999) season... and rightly so because we were the defending SB champions. Key injuries (a lot of them) were a factor, but when expectations are high, criticism follows when those expectations are not met.

But high expectations from the fan base is exactly the point I was trying to make... we aren't used to our team sucking and I fully believe that if "Spygate 2" hadn't taken McDaniels down, the 4-12 record...and being the second-worst team in the league... would have. I don't believe for a second that Tebow would have factored into the equation; being one of the league's 2 worst teams wouldn't have been considered ok.

I'm not so sure Pat seemed to buy into the rebuild and the scheme he was attempting to start up in DEN, IMO he wanted NE west, because of that he would have waited another year.

But we wound up with the best possible scenario now with John and Manning. I'll not complain about that a bit.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote