View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #168
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
In hindsight, there were no secret agendas, we saw what happened. Cutler's name was mentioned a couple times, likely just idle chatter, but when Cutler asked him about it, Josh lied to his face. Petulant child #1: "He lied! He lied!" Petulant child #2 (fresh off his Matt Cassell miracle) "The player doesn't make me, I make the player."

So Elway's plan was "Champ is the Rock, and upon this Rock I shall build my team?" Kinda funny to focus on a 12th year cornerback when facing the mother of all rebuilds ... maybe Clady or Woodyard, or how 'bout John's first draft pick, highest pick in franchise history, Von Miller?

But you can't question Elway at this point, you simply cannot. Has he made even one wrong move? No, he hasn't ... he's running the table three racks in, while his doubters watch dumbfounded, holding their sticks in their hands.
I truly beleive that josh had every intention of trying to coach him up, but after watching film on him and then actually talking to him face to face. I suspect that was when he started to think trade or wonder if he would be nothing more than the Jeff George he turned out to be.

As for John I've always been a fan and wondered if he could pull an Ozzie Newsome go from HOF player to exec. Pretty sure that question has been answered.

So far so good on player picks. A few duds but we all know that the draft is a crap shoot. But for the most part he is loving by the credo that you build a team via the draft.

My hat is off to him.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote