View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #521
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Turnovers were key. Kyle had 9 in 4.5 games. Tim had 12 in 11.5 games. And 6 of those came during the last two fugly regular season games. The defense would've look a lot better those first 5 games without our QB leading the league in turnovers.
Turnovers were certainly a factor, but reduction is partially attributed to the change on the offense though. As the team got on the same page int's likely would have gone down....and had Tebow passed more than 10 times a game his int's probably would have increased.

I'm not sure what they were thinking at the switch, but it seemed like they pushed the panic button. The offense wasn't coming along fast enough for them to feel they would be competitive, so it was time to see what Tim could offer. Neither fit what they wanted, and both were let go.

I honestly don't think they expected to be as competitive as it turned out. They weren't trying to lose by playing Tebow, but I don't think it was as much seeing him as the best chance to win, but seeing if he should stick around.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote