View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #155
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Eh its ok. I got this same reaction when i said Welker had better stats than Marshall (while he was still here) so he must be better. This place went nuts....kinda like now. Since then Marshalls stats have slowed some til he got back with Cutler while Welker has continued to light it up.

I dont expect a Bronco forum to see what im saying because im talking about their guy. Kinda like the Jets forum who some think Sanchez is better than Rivers and the Bears forum who thought Grossman was better than Brees...or was it Rivers. Either way, they were wrong.

In anycase, ill agree Thomas will be a star baring injury to him or Manning but c-mon, he had 32 receptions last season and less the year before.
He had a breakout year and is on his way to being a star. Nothing wrong with that except you guys want him to be a star now! Well do it again is all i can say and he very well should with Peyton there.

Thomas reminds me of VJ because the way they run, kind of long striders and both are big though VJ is taller.

RG3 threw for 3200 yards this year and wont be the ROY. Should go to Luck . I can see Russell Wilson get it over RG3 or even Alfred Morris though he is a long shot but he rushed for over 1600 yards and very much helped RG3. Sure he will be a star but right now he is a dynamic player. Speaking of which, is Russel Wilson a star right now?

Im sure glad none of you vote for the HOF'ers. Hell you would have everybody in there who had a few good years.

On another note,...Its too bad they wussed the league down. Records will fall at a fast pace and i remember when QB's got in the HOF that had more INTs than TD's, back when the CB's could actually fight the WR for possition and the ball and not get flagged. Elway and Marino would have thrown for 80,000 yards.
Since Marshall's sophomore season he has had more yards than Welker 4 times, Welker has had more yards than Marshall 2 times. Marshall has had more TDs than Welker 3 times, Welker has had more TDs 3 times. I am not sure how you conclude that Welker has better stats, even in his first year with the Dolphins Marshall had more yards than Welker - it gets even worse when you consider that Welker has done his damage playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time while Marshall has done it with Cutler, Chad Henne and Matt Moore.

I don't see how Alfred Morris, Griffin, Luck and Russell are relevant to debating people like Jacob Tamme, Demaryius Thomas, Vincent Jackson and Philip Rivers.

Is Antonio Gates better than Tamme right now? yes he is, but Gates has been in a steady decline over the last 4 years and unless the new coach in San Diego can teach Philip Rivers to play QB that slide is not going to end. Tamme is a good number 2 TE, he lacks the size and atleticism to be a top TE in the same league as guys like Gonzalez, Gronkowski and Graham.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote