Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #131
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Yeah Meachem didnt work out, what can you say. Maybe next year he will be better but who knows.
You called me out for being a homer. I'd say your predictions prove who the homer is here.

Need a reminder?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3538277&postcount=94

Quote:
, C-Mon...no GF in the NFL would take Tamme over Gates if offered straight up and that includes yours. Tamme owes his carer to Peyton.
Never said he was better. Need help with comprehension. Just showing Gates isn't what he used to be. Your point earlier in the thread was he was light years ahead and well....

Quote:
Always helps to have Manning and a much, much better OL not to mention Manning threw almost 60 more passes than we did and he didnt get sacked 48 times.
After returning to full health following his achilles injury, Thomas was #2 in the NFL with Tim Tebow at QB during the last half of 2011. Again, you called me out as a homer and I'm just proving you were wrong.

Quote:
Vincent Jackson never had 70 receptions in a season for us(had 69 once and had 69 this year for TB) but he was the most sought after WR and he certainly is better than Thomas who had many more receptions.
You let your distaste for Denver skew your analysis and you are also making my point for me in this thread. Meachem is NOT and will never be a solid replacement for Jackson. Go back and read hot shot. You were the one talking about how great he is.

Quote:
Stats are nice but if you also believe Welker is the best WR in the NFL the past 5 years because of his receptions...well, then, i dont know what to tell you.
WTF? Welker has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for the last few years. I don't know what to tell YOU. Wake up? He has the stats, rarely drops a pass, makes big plays when they are needed and causes nightmares for opposing coordinators.

Quote:
Again, Not sure how stats show he is better. I recall many here saying he drops too many passes. And Floyd did miss some games as predicted but not as many as usual. Floyd is as reliable as they come...when he is healthy.
Are you still trying to make the case that Floyd is better than Thomas? Seriously?

Quote:
I mean your comparing your offensive stats to ours which our offense was well down the charts this year compared to usual. This would be like comparing Deckers stats last year to Floyds, but ill give Decker some props but he isn't some stud.
Ramble much? Stats are a part of the analysis. What else do you want Demaryius Thomas to do? He has killed it since week 8 of last season with Tebow AND Manning.

Quote:
Just benefitted from having a sure HOF'er instead of Tebow.
Which is one reason why I thought your predictions in this thread were premature. You were comparing SD receivers to Denver receivers with Tebow at QB. I knew Thomas was a stud because I saw it with the most inconsistent passer in the league last season. Again, he finished off the season last year as one of the hottest Wide Receivers in the league.

Quote:
Yep, Meachem again didn't pan out as said above.
Which is what I was predicting in this thread BEFORE the season. Now, who's the homer?

Last edited by Popcorn Sutton; 01-02-2013 at 08:44 PM..
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote