View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #130
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

[QUOTE=Popcorn Sutton;3769343]This guy Boltjolt called me out for being a homer before the season started so I figured I'd recall the thread to see who the homer was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
i think our WR's as a group are better than yours.

Might want to rethink that comment
Yeah Meachem didnt work out, what can you say. Maybe next year he will be better but who knows. We also lost Vincent Brown for the year in preseason and that was a big blow and of course Eddie Royal was hurt 70% of the year as well. Our group isnt bad (and then you add Alexander who has been great) and can play with yours(when they arent all hurt) but not when the QB has no time to throw.

Quote:
Tamme is light years behind Gates. You must be kidding.

Quote:
, Light years eh?
, C-Mon...no GM in the NFL would take Tamme over Gates if offered straight up and that includes yours. Tamme owes his carer to Peyton.

Quote:
Tamme 52 receptions for 555 yards and 2 TDs, Gates 48 receptions for 538 yards and 7TDs. Note: Dreessen had a pretty good year himself. In all the Broncos TEs bested the Chargers TEs.
Always helps to have Manning and a much, much better OL not to mention Manning threw almost 60 more passes than we did and he didnt get sacked 48 times.
Rivers had the worst OL in the league and didnt even throw for 4,000 for the first time in 5 seasons but did get sacked the most times in his career. And Dreesen is a 2nd rate TE withe first rate QB. I suppose he is better than Gates too
Vincent Jackson never had 70 receptions in a season for us(had 69 once and had 69 this year for TB) but he was the most sought after WR and he certainly is better than Thomas who had many more receptions. Stats are nice but if you also believe Welker is the best WR in the NFL the past 5 years because of his receptions...well, then, i dont know what to tell you.

Quote:
The only thing wrong with Floyd is he is hurt a lot. Otherwise he far and away better than Decker at this point.

Quote:
Floyd: 56 receptions, 814 yds and 5 TDs
Decker: 85 receptions, 1,064 yards and 13 TDs

Again, Not sure how stats show he is better. I recall many here saying he drops too many passes. And Floyd did miss some games as predicted but not as many as usual. Floyd is as reliable as they come...when he is healthy.
I mean your comparing your offensive stats to ours which our offense was well down the charts this year compared to usual. This would be like comparing Deckers stats last year to Floyds, but ill give Decker some props but he isnt some stud. Just benefitted from having a sure HOF'er instead of Tebow. Is Lance Moore a stud whoi puts up good numbers with Brees?
Quote:
Meachem is a big talent who gets to be a #1 guy now and im not going to slight Thomas. He has some big talent but he is going into his 3rd year and hasnt had the numbers Meachem has had yet so at this point i dont agree with you.

Quote:
Meachem: 14 receptions, 202 yds and 2 TDs
Thomas: 94 receptions, 1,434 yds and 10 TDs
Yep, Meachem again didnt pan out as said above. Dont know if he is stupid or just slow but he didnt play much after week 6.

Quote:
The ONLY clear advantage you have over us is Fox over Norv.
Still true and ill add Peyton Manning who ran his own offense, not McCoys or Fox's.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-02-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote