View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

If we have to play by today's rules, that 98 team would get their ass kicked by this team. TD was great and they were damn near unstoppable but teams have adjusted to the zone blocking scheme since then and Atwater and company wouldnt be able to lay wood like they did back then.

Sharpe, while awesome for his era, would not be a matchup nightmare for this era. He's basically a slower version of DT.

And Rod and McCaffery were great, loved both players, but neither one of them had the pure skills that DT and Decker have. Both Decker and DT are significantly more athletic than Rod and Eddie were.

Elway in his last year while still cunning and dangerous, was not the Elway of the late 80s and early 90s. Manning now appears to be every bit as good as he has ever been.

Neil Smith was a rental and at the twilight of his career. Romo was a beast but Cadrez and Mobley were average LBs. I cant even remember the rest of the guys up front but I'll take this front seven over that front seven. And I'll take this secondary over that secondary. Champ and Harris actually cover and tackle and both are good at shedding WR blocks. Safeties arent as good but are more than servicable.

No one on that 98 team would be able to cover DT and Decker AND play by the current rule system. This 2012 team would have a better shot of shutting down the passing game than the 98 team would and while I doubt anyone could have stopped TD, Atlanta did a decent job of limiting his success so it was certainly possible.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote